Debond and Cleave (DB&C) Tool
THE DB&C TOOL IS A SMALL FOOTPRINT TOOL DESIGNED FOR LAYER TRANSFER APPLICATIONS IN HIGH VOLUME MANUFACTURING.
- SOI (silicon-on-insulator) Used to reduce device voltage operation and power consumption, improve device speed.
- DSB (direct silicon bond) Improved device mobility in CMOS circuitry by providing separate crystal orientation layers for NMOS and PMOS.
- SOQ (silicon-on-quartz) Transferred single-crystal silicon onto a quartz substrate used for RF, display and optical applications.
- SOG (silicon-on-glass) Transferred single-crystal silicon onto bulk glass enabling low-cost, high-efficiency solar cells, displays, and optical applications.
- CSS (customer-specific-substrate) A combination of donor-layer materials on unique handle substrates, including III-V and II-VI donor materials and sapphire, ceramics, and flexible handle substrates.
The process is a dynamic, low stress cleave action in which a donor layer transfers to a handle wafer at room temperature. SiGen's proprietary cleave technology combines a cleave initiation action followed by programmed propagation that optimizes cleave quality and uniformity.